AmplifyChange @ Women Deliver 2019 Opportunity Grant: Inviting Women-led Civil Society Organisations
Applicants are invited to apply for the AmplifyChange @ Women Deliver 2019 Opportunity Grant to support women-led organisations who, as part of a wider existing or a new movement, seek to advance sexual and reproductive health and rights. Outcomes should be focused on building stronger SRHR movements and working collaboratively to improve SRHR outcomes.
In this funding call, AmplifyChange will support movement building work that contributes to:
- Strengthening the capacity of civil society organisations to advocate for SRHR
- Strengthening the collective capacity of civil society organisations to ensure safety and security of human rights defenders
- Fostering collaboration and coordination among movement actors to develop a shared political agenda and plan and execute advocacy campaigns
- Increasing engagement of potential non-traditional SRHR allies across sectors and movements
- Strengthening the leading pipeline for the movement by increasing the diversity of leadership from marginalized groups in the movement (such as people with disabilities, youth, minority ethnic groups, LGBTI, lower castes, refugees, etc.), and developing next-generation leaders
AmplifyChange is seeking proposals to support movements that are focused on one or a realistic combination of AmplifyChange’s five key themes. These are:
- Addressing gender-based violence, including sexual violence and female genital mutilation (FGM)
- Addressing the causes of unsafe abortion including de-criminalization of abortion
- Challenging stigma and discrimination, attitudes and laws that undermine human rights, including on grounds of gender or sexual orientation of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) individuals
- Improving sexual health of young people and girls, including comprehensive sexuality education (CSE) and addressing child and early forced marriage (CEFM)
- Increasing access to comprehensive reproductive health services for poor, vulnerable and marginalized people
AmplifyChange will select the top two (2) proposals for Opportunity grants of EUR30,000 for projects lasting up to 12 months.
- AmplifyChange will consider applications from women-led civil society organisations (CSOs) working in all countries that are eligible for the AmplifyChange @ Women Deliver 2019 Opportunity grant (mentioned below).
- AmplifyChange defines “women-led” as any organisation whose senior leadership at both board and staff levels is comprised of more than 50% women. The Executive Director or equivalent must be a woman. The definition of a woman is anyone who identifies as a woman and is inclusive of cisgender, transgender, gender non-conforming and non-binary people.
- Organisations must have a representative(s) attending Women Deliver.
- Civil society organisations (CSOs) located in one of the eligible countries are welcome to apply. They are particularly interested in receiving applications from women and youth-led organisations.
- CSOs can include:
- Community groups
- Youth groups
- Non-governmental organisations
- Indigenous groups
- Charitable organisations
- Faith-based organisations
- Research institutes
- Social enterprise groups
- Public-private partnerships
- Communications and media groups
- Professional associations
- International Non-Governmental Organisations (INGOs), including country offices, and UN agencies are not eligible to apply for Opportunity Grants. They cannot accept applications made on behalf of individuals.
- AmplifyChange will accept applications from organisations that are not registered and do not have a bank account because they recognize that some organisations are still new, and, in some contexts, there are security risks associated with registration. But please note that unregistered organisations that have applications successfully recommended for funding may need to fulfill certain registration requirements following due diligence and financial assessments.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply online via AmplifyChange website.
Deadline: 5 March 2019
Eligible Countries: Afghanistan, Angola, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Republic Of, Congo, The Democratic Republic of the, Cote D’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, The, Ghana, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Occupied Palestinian Territories, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Swaziland, Syria, Tanzania, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tunisia, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe.