In 1972, Sharon Johnson went to Haiti to direct a choir that was traveling around the country. As she looked into the faces in the crowds, she fell in love with the people of Haiti.
She returned each year to help the people of Haiti with her husband, Bob Johnson. Over time, they began to feel the need to have an on-going work in country, one that would help every day of the year and not just once or twice a year. In 1983 they formed what is today Mission of Hope Haiti. In 1989 they acquired a piece of barren land just north of Port-au-Prince.
In 1997, Brad Johnson, Bob & Sharon’s son, and his wife Vanessa went to Haiti on a week-long trip to serve the people there. While serving, they watched an 18 month old baby die as her father held her on their way to a clinic. They learned the baby had starved to death from the parents not having any food. This moment was etched in their mind forever and they could not escape the image of the grieving parents as they mourned the loss of their daughter. A year later, Brad and Vanessa moved full time to Haiti to begin work on the Mission of Hope Haiti property.
Officially founded in 1998, Mission of Hope has since grown from a small mission located on barren piece of land, to a fruitful organization that now houses an onsite orphanage, medical facility, school, and church. Through partnerships, the Mission also serves outside of its property by helping other orphanages, churches, and schools throughout the country.
1907 Cypress Creek RD.
Cedar Park, TX 78613