Getty Images announces Reportage Grant to Support Independent Photojournalists
Getty Images has announced Reportage Grant to Support Independent photojournalists.
The Getty Images Reportage Grant continues the tradition of their Editorial Grants program, which, from its founding in 2004, has supported independent photojournalists around the world by providing the creative freedom necessary to pursue work that is personally important to them.
Getty Images will promote winning portfolios on the Getty Images website, through their social media channels, and via their media partners, who typically publicize their grants program following the announcement of winners in September.
- $15,000 prize (three available)
- Winners will be announced in September
- Receive recognition in media coverage of grant winners
- Assurance that they retain copyrights to the images applicants submit for judges’ review
- Option to have Getty Images’ editorial guidance throughout their project
Grants will be awarded by independent judges selected by Getty Images for their expertise and experience.
Selection will be based on the judges’ determination of applicant’s ability to execute the submitted project with compelling a visual narrative in a documentary feature format, taking into account the caliber of portfolio, the project’s merit, and professional ability.
Deadline: 15 May 2019
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.