Go Green in the City Challenge 2019: Inviting Applicants from all over the world
Applicants are invited to submit their applications for Go Green in the City Challenge 2019 they are looking for students from around the world who are willing to put their skills and ideas to the test.
For 180 years Schneider Electric has been committed to changing the way they access energy. As a global specialist in energy management, with operations in more than 100 countries, Schneider Electric offers integrated solutions across multiple market segments, including utilities & infrastructures, machine manufacturers, non-residential buildings, data centres & networks, and in residential buildings.
Focused on making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green, the Group’s 170,000 plus employees achieved revenues of over 24.7 billion euros in 2016 through an active commitment to helping individuals and organizations make the most of their energy.
- Sustainability & Access to Energy
- Buildings of the Future
- Plants of the Future
- Grids of the Future
- 1st Prize: The winning team will win job offers from Schneider Electric, and an all-inclusive international trip to two cities of their choice (where Schneider Electric has offices).
- Global Finalists: The Top 8 teams will be invited on a fully sponsored trip to the Schneider Electric Global Innovation Summit in Barcelona to pitch for the Grand Prize.
- Regional Finalists: Participants will receive mentorship from Schneider Electric experts to polish their proposals and make it to the Grand Finale.
- Women in Energy Award: One all-female team from the semi-finals will win the Women in Energy Award, securing a place in the finals and cash prize of USD $1,000.
- Only university students eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of submission of the Initial Application are permitted to submit their proposals.
- Students worldwide must be registered in a bachelor’s (at least the 2nd year), master’s or MBA program of business, engineering, physics, computer science, mathematics or other Sciences are eligible to compete in the Contest.
- The Contest is open exclusively to individual students in teams of two, of which at least one team member is female. Both of the team members must study in the same region for the duration of the competition. They are not, however, required to be from the same university, nor are they required to study the same subject or be in the same year, as long as they are not in their first year of their undergraduate education. Likewise, the students are not required to be permanent residents or nationals of the country in which they are studying in order to compete. Should an individual student Entrant be disqualified, that Entrant’s team will no longer be able to participate.
Deadline: 25 May 2019
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
Sources: Go green in the city